John F. Sehner Papers
This collection contains the personal and business correspondence of John Frederick Sehner a Lancaster PA businessman in the mid- late nineteenth century.
- Majority of material found within 1868-1879
- Sehner, John F. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Biographical / Historical
John Frederick Sehner was born April 2, 1833 in Lancaster, PA. Sehner was educated in the public schools of Lancaster and at the age of twenty-one joined in partnership with his father in the coal and lumber business. While he enjoyed great success in this enterprise, he also held interests in the Hamilton Watch Co., the Edison Electric Company, Northern Market, and the Lancaster Gas Co. (for more biographical information see Biographical Annals of Lancaster County, p. 200 - 201.).
.5 Linear feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Collection: All correspondence organized alphabetically by correspondent.
Ownership and Custodial History
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Source unknown. Date of acquisition--date of acquisition unknown..
- Businessmen -- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster County -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Businessmen. Subject Source: Fast
- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster County. Subject Source: Fast
- Personal correspondence. Subject Source: Fast
- Sehner, John F. -- : Correspondence.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Franklin and Marshall College Special Collections Repository
PO Box 3003
Lancaster PA 17604 United States