Joseph C. Passmore Papers
This collection contains letters between J.C. Passmore and George W. Hunter duing his first year as a lawyer in Lancaster.
- Passmore, Joseph C. (Person)
- Hunter, George W. (Form subdivision: Correspondence..) (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Photocopying and publication may be restricted by copyright. except by permission of copyright holder..
Biographical / Historical
Joseph C. Passmore was born June 4, 1818, the son of John Passmore (1774-1827) the first mayor of Lancaster, PA. As a young adult, Joseph studied law and passed the bar in 1841. In later life, he became an Episcopal minister serving as Vice Rector at St. James College in Maryland and Rector of St. Mark?s Church in Washington County, Maryland. He later served in various ministerial posts in Wisconsin.
.25 Linear feet (.5 box)
Language of Materials
Collection: Organized into folders corresponding to date of correspondence.
Ownership and Custodial History
Processing completed c.1989.
- Lawyers -- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawyers. Subject Source: Fast
- Passmore, Joseph C. -- : Correspondence.
- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster. Subject Source: Fast
- Personal correspondence. Subject Source: Fast
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script