Women's Studies Collection
This collection consists of printed materials related to the field of Women's Studies as well as original materials from Lancaster area Women's organizations and individuals.
- Majority of material found within 1970-1984
- Stevenson, Louise L. (Collector, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Photocopying and publication restricted by copyright. except by permission of copyright holder..
4.75 Linear feet (11.5 boxes)
Language of Materials
Collection: Organized into two series: 1) Women's Studies literature, 2) Local Women's Activism and Activist organizations.
Ownership and Custodial History
These materials were received in October 1996 from Dr. Louise Stevenson, chair of the Women's Studies Program. The bulk of the women's studies/feminist literature was collected by Angela M. Jeannet of the French and Italian Department of Franklin and Marshall College. Additional materials concerning local women's organizations were received from Joyce Ritz of Lancaster Women's Liberation and Linda Martin of Lancaster N.O.W. In the summer of 2000, the collection was reorganized by Hackman Scholar Andrea McLin, working with Louise Stevenson. Additional materials were added in 2005 (from the estate of John Andrew) and in 2013 (received from Elizabeth Smoot).
For a history of the women's movement in Lancaster, PA see: Jeannet, Angela M. "Voices from the grassroots : how the women's movement flourished in the heart of America" [Chapel Hill, NC: The Author, 2012]
Processing completed August 2000.
- Feminism -- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Feminism. Subject Source: Fast
- Lancaster Women's Liberation (Lancaster, Pa.)
- National Organization for Women. Lancaster Chapter
- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster. Subject Source: Fast
- Sex discrimination against women. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Subject Source: Fast
- Women's Advisory Council of WGAL-TV. (Lancaster, Pa.)
- Women's rights -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's rights. Subject Source: Fast
- Women's studies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Franklin and Marshall College Special Collections Repository
PO Box 3003
Lancaster PA 17604 United States