Charles H. Kessler Family papers
Identifier: MS 053
This collection consists of correspondence between members of the Jewish-American Kessler family of Pottstown, Pennsylvania dating from the World War II period (1940-1946). Also included in the collection are newspapers and other items relating the war and the Kessler Family. The bulk of the collection includes the letters to home written by father David, and sons Charles and Robert Kessler while the three served in the armed forces of the United States. Particularly poignant are the materials relating to Robert who died in German captivity in April 1945.
- Majority of material found within 1943-1945
- Kessler, Charles H., 1921- (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Photocopying and publication may be restricted by copyright. except by permission of copyright holder..
.5 Linear feet (1.5 boxes)
Language of Materials
Collection: Organized into six groups: the first four groups consists of correspondence and documents relating to a specific family member (David, Charles, Robert, and Anna) and the remaining two include newspapers and miscellaneous letters and items. Members of the family include: parents, David and Anna; sons Robert and Charles; daughters Rita and Rhoda; and the children's aunts and uncles Gene, Irwin, Rose, Sam and Helen.
Ownership and Custodial History
Charles H. Kessler, a 1970 graduate of the Associate Degree Program at Franklin and Marshall College, donated this collection to the College in 2001. The materials were personally collected and maintained by Charles Kessler until that time.
Processing completed August 2001.
- Jews -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews. Subject Source: Fast
- Kessler family.
- Kessler, Charles H., 1921-
- Personal correspondence. Subject Source: Fast
- United States. Subject Source: Fast
- World War (1939-1945)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script