Charles Z. Klauder Research Collection
This collection consists of research material documenting the work of Philadelphia architect Charles Zeller Klauder, 1872-1938. Of particular interest is the material on buildings constructed at Franklin and Marshall College between 1923 and 1931. Klauder was a prolific architect, designing numerous college buildings in the Gothic and Colonial Revival style at Penn State, the University of Delaware, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University and the University of Pittsburgh, among others. Klauder was also noted for his designs of libraries and churches.
- Majority of material found within 1922-1929
- Klauder, Charles Z. (Charles Zeller), 1872-1938. (Person)
- Schuyler, David. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Photocopying and publication may be restricted by copyright. except by permission of copyright holder..
.50 Linear feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Collection: Organized into series corresponding to 1) biographical material, 2)articles on Klauder's F & M work, 3)articles on other Klauder work.
Ownership and Custodial History
All materials in this collection were assembled from other sources by F & M American Studies professor David Schuyler while researching the architectural work of Charles Z. Klauder. They were given to the library in 1999.
Processing completed 2003.
- Buildings. Subject Source: Fast
- College buildings -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College buildings. Subject Source: Fast
- Day and Klauder
- Franklin and Marshall College -- : Buildings.
- Franklin and Marshall College -- : History.
- Franklin and Marshall College
- History. Subject Source: Fast
- Klauder, Charles Z. (Charles Zeller), 1872-1938.
- United States. Subject Source: Fast
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Franklin and Marshall College Special Collections Repository
PO Box 3003
Lancaster PA 17604 United States