Showing Collections: 1 - 21 of 21
The Alexander Corbett Collection of Theater Memorabilia contains biographical materials, correspondence and photographs of actors and actresses of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The collection was compiled by Alexander Corbett (1856-1935), a reporter and theater critic of the Boston Globe. The collection includes materials relating to Lillie Langtry, Sarah Bernhardt, Edwin Booth and Lillian Russell.
This collection contains sheet music of popular favorites, Broadway hits, and songs from motion pictures, spanning a period from 1917 to 1974. The majority of the collection consists of songs from popular motion picture musicals from the golden age of Hollywood ca. 1930-1950. Composers represented include: Irving Berlin, George M. Cohan, Hoagy Carmichael, Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein, and Jerome Kern.
This collections consists of correspondence, notes, reviews and clippings pertaining to Edward J. Nichols' book Toward Gettysburg: the biography of John Fulton Reynolds (1821-1863) [see also Manuscript Collection 6].
This collection consists of screenplays, scripts, films, film trailers, photographs, set designs, publicity packets, and other television and motion picture memorabilia related to the work of the Hollywood director Franklin J. Schaffner (1920-1989), a 1942 Franklin and Marshall graduate.
This collection contains collected examples of typefaces designed by and work from the press of Frederic W. (1865-1947) and Bertha M. Goudy (d. 1935).
This collection consists of autographs of various famous and/or prominent individuals in the field of politics, entertainment, and the military. Most autographs represented in the collection are of late 20th century persons, dating from the 1960s to the 1990s. Additional material consists of over 100 pieces of sheet music of popular songs dating from 1885-1923; miscellaneous newspapers and periodicals from the nineteenth century and theater playbills dating from ca. 1920 to 2007.
This collection contains Gehman's magazine articles from 1942-1969. Also includes research materials, correspondence, notes, drafts, and galley proofs relating to some of his books: A Hell of A Life (with Harry Richman), The Slander of Witches, Sardi's, Driven, and A Murder in Paradise.
This collection consists of printed materials related to the field of Women's Studies as well as original materials from Lancaster area Women's organizations and individuals.
- Subject: United States. X
- United States. 19
- History. 7
- Biography. 5
- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster. 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 3
- Great Britain. 2
- Journalists. 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. 2
- Motion picture producers and directors. 2
- Popular music -- United States. 2
- Popular music. 2
- Specimens. 2
- Theater. 2
- Abstract expressionism. 1
- Actors -- Great Britain -- Biography. 1
- Actors -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Actors. 1
- Actresses -- Great Britain -- Biography. 1
- Actresses -- United States -- Biography. 1 ∧ less
- Franklin and Marshall College 6
- American Civil War (1861-1865) 3
- Reynolds, John Fulton, 1820-1863. 2
- American Revolution (1775-1783) 1
- Associated Press 1
- Bastian, Misty L., 1955- 1
- Cam, Marcialito. 1
- Civil War (Spain : 1936-1939) 1
- Cold War (1945-1989) 1
- Constantine, James S., 1900-1989. 1
- Corbett, Alexander, 1856-1935. 1
- Darlington, James M. 1
- Day and Klauder 1
- Foltz, Charles, 1910- 1
- Foltz, Jonathan Messersmith, 1810-1877. 1
- Franco, Francisco, 1892-1975. 1
- Gehman, Richard. 1
- Goudy, Bertha, 1869-1935. 1
- Goudy, Frederic W. (Frederic William), 1865-1947. 1
- Haines Family. 1 ∧ less