Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
A component of the larger German-American Imprint Collection, this collection contains fine examples of printed broadsides including songs, scripture, allegories, created by Pennsylvania Germans in the Eastern Pennsylvania and New York region dating from the late-18th to late-19th centuries.
The materials in this collection include publications about the Pennsylvania Germans, examples of Pennsylvania German language, art and music as well as materials on other prominent men in the study of the Pennsylvania Germans.
This collection consists of newspaper column clippings, manuscripts, articles, radio scripts, and audio recordings on Pennsylvania German dialect, music, folklore and culture. Also included are church records from the Eastern Pennsylvania area. Materials date from the early 19th century through 1968.
A component of the larger German-American Imprint Collection, this collection contains fine examples of hand-executed and printed Geburt und taufscheins (birth and baptismal certificates), trauscheins (marriage certificates), vorschrifts (writing examples), haus segens (house blessings), bucherzeichen (bookplates), and drawings created by Pennsylvania Germans in the Eastern Pennsylvania, New York, and Maryland region dating from the late -18th to late-19th centuries.
- Language: German X
- Folklore. 2
- New York (State) 2
- Pennsylvania Dutch -- Folklore. 2
- Pennsylvania Dutch. 2
- Pennsylvania German dialect. 2
- Pennsylvania. 2
- Specimens. 2
- Broadsides -- New York (State) -- Specimens. 1
- Broadsides -- Pennsylvania -- Specimens. 1
- Broadsides. 1
- Fraktur art -- Maryland -- Specimens. 1
- Fraktur art -- New York (State) -- Specimens. 1
- Fraktur art -- Pennsylvania -- Specimens. 1
- Fraktur art. 1
- History. 1
- Maryland. 1
- Pennsylvania Dutch -- History. 1
- Printed ephemera -- New York (State) 1
- Printed ephemera -- Pennsylvania. 1
- Printed ephemera. 1 ∧ less
- Bassler, Harvey, 1883-1950. 2
- Unger, Claude W., 1882-1945. 2
- Brendle, Thomas R. (Thomas Royce), 1889- 1
- Frey, J. William (John William), 1916- 1
- Troxell, William S. 1
- Unger-Bassler. 1 ∧ less