Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
The Alexander Corbett Collection of Theater Memorabilia contains biographical materials, correspondence and photographs of actors and actresses of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The collection was compiled by Alexander Corbett (1856-1935), a reporter and theater critic of the Boston Globe. The collection includes materials relating to Lillie Langtry, Sarah Bernhardt, Edwin Booth and Lillian Russell.
This collection contains Small's notes, rough drafts, typescript drafts for Almost Famous 1982 and The River in Winter 1987; the typescript drafts of two unpublished books Year of the Dog Star and Next Best Thing (much of the material of which formed the basis for Almost Famous); and an early version of Almost Famous entitled, King of Infinite Space. It also includes research materials, correspondence, notes, drafts, and galley proofs.
This collection consists of screenplays, scripts, films, film trailers, photographs, set designs, publicity packets, and other television and motion picture memorabilia related to the work of the Hollywood director Franklin J. Schaffner (1920-1989), a 1942 Franklin and Marshall graduate.
The collection consists of letters, legal documents, diaries, clippings, lithographs, engravings, broadsides, photographs, books and frakturs. The items were assembled and held by Bertha K. Leinbach. The earliest item in the collection dates from ca. 1745 with the bulk of the material covering the period from 1830 - 1900.
This collection contains personal papers, correspondence, photographs scrapbooks, personal artifacts and sports memorabilia relating to Neal Okleigh Harris (1906-1982), his wife Estella Elizabeth (Cooper) Harris (1908-1990) and their families, the Harris' of Schuykill County Pa and the Coopers of Lancaster County Pa.
This collection consists of research materials, notes, correspondence, reviews, articles, and essays documenting the literary and classroom work conducted by Dr. Richard D. Altick in his years of teaching at Ohio State University. The collection is arranged by topic with materials corresponding to major monographs and serial articles written by Dr. Altick, as well as materials relating to lectures, courses and areas of research interest.
This collection includes the diaries of S.M. Roeder kept while he was a student at Franklin and Marshall College (1872 - 1876) and a student at the Seminary (1876-1878). These diaries are useful in documenting student life in Lancaster during that time period.
- Subject: Biography. X
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 10
- History. 5
- United States. 4
- Actors -- Great Britain -- Biography. 1
- Actors -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Actors. 1
- Actresses -- Great Britain -- Biography. 1
- Actresses -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Actresses. 1
- Admirals -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Admirals. 1
- Caribbean Area -- Description and travel. 1
- Civilization, Classical. 1
- Classicists -- United States. 1
- Cold War. 1
- Diplomatic relations. 1
- Europe -- Description and travel. 1
- Europe -- Politics and government -- 1945- 1
- Europe. 1 ∧ less
- Franklin and Marshall College 10
- Altick, Richard D. (Richard Daniel), 1915-2008. 1
- American Civil War (1861-1865) 1
- Associated Press 1
- Campbell, Robert D. 1
- Civil War (Spain : 1936-1939) 1
- Cold War (1945-1989) 1
- Constantine, James S., 1900-1989. 1
- Cooper family. 1
- Corbett, Alexander, 1856-1935. 1
- Foltz, Charles, 1910- 1
- Franco, Francisco, 1892-1975. 1
- Harris family. 1
- Harris, Estella Cooper, 1908-1990. 1
- Harris, Neal O., 1906-1982. 1
- Kneedler family 1
- Kneedler, Alvin R. 1
- Kneedler, Jay I. 1
- Kneedler, Richard. 1
- Kneedler, Robert G. 1 ∧ less