Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
This collection contains correspondence written to Bernard C. Wolff by German Reformed ministers who were interested in and potential contributors to the union of Franklin and Marshall College. The bulk of the material dates from the year 1852. There are also a few letters written by Wolff to John Williamson Nevin in 1842.
The collection consists of meeting minutes, programs, society histories and essays presented at meetings. The collection covers the years from 1880 - 1982, with the bulk of the material from 1880 - 1950 and 1979 - 82.
This collections consists of correspondence, notes, reviews and clippings pertaining to Edward J. Nichols' book Toward Gettysburg: the biography of John Fulton Reynolds (1821-1863) [see also Manuscript Collection 6].
This collection consist of notes for an unpublished anecdotal history of Franklin and Marshall College written by Elizabeth Clarke Kieffer (1900-1991).
The collection includes meeting minutes, constitutions, correspondence, essays, and miscellaneous materials covering the years 1908 to the present.
The materials in this collection include publications about the Pennsylvania Germans, examples of Pennsylvania German language, art and music as well as materials on other prominent men in the study of the Pennsylvania Germans.
This collection contains records of the Lancaster County Academy a secondary school that operated in Lancaster Pa from 1827 to ca. 1840. Materials include committee reports, trustees minutes, correspondence, receipts, and construction bids.
This collection consists of administrative materials, correspondence, section reports and memorials.
This collection contains materials related to the Pennsylvania German Society, a nonprofit, educational organization, founded in 1891 and devoted to the study of Pennsylvania-German culture and history in Pennsylvania. Instrumental in the history of the society were members associated with Franklin and Marshall College such as George Baer, John S Stahr, and Frank Reid Diffenderffer. The society is currently headquartered in Kutztown.
This collection includes the diaries of S.M. Roeder kept while he was a student at Franklin and Marshall College (1872 - 1876) and a student at the Seminary (1876-1878). These diaries are useful in documenting student life in Lancaster during that time period.
- Subject: History. X
- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster. 7
- United States. 7
- Biography. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 4
- Lancaster (Pa.) -- Societies and clubs -- History. 3
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Cold War. 2
- Politics and government. 2
- Voluntarism -- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster. 2
- Voluntarism. 2
- Women in community organization -- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster. 2
- Women in community organization. 2
- Admirals -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Admirals. 1
- Buildings. 1
- Child welfare -- United States. 1
- Child welfare. 1
- College buildings -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- English 21
- German 1
- Franklin and Marshall College 8
- American Civil War (1861-1865) 3
- Cold War (1945-1989) 2
- Reynolds, John Fulton, 1820-1863. 2
- American Revolution (1775-1783) 1
- Associated Press 1
- Association of Junior Leagues of America 1
- Campbell, Robert D. 1
- Civil War (Spain : 1936-1939) 1
- Cliosophic Society of Lancaster 1
- Day and Klauder 1
- Everhart, Oliver T. 1
- Foltz, Charles, 1910- 1
- Foltz, Jonathan Messersmith, 1810-1877. 1
- Fortnightly Club (Lancaster, Pa.) 1
- Franco, Francisco, 1892-1975. 1
- Frey, J. William (John William), 1916- 1
- Germany (East) 1
- Johannes Schwalm Historical Association 1
- Junior League of Lancaster 1 ∧ less